June 27,
2017 Vienna to Prague
We
arrived in Prague/Praha around 15:00.
Our hotel was a short walk from the station. It was of course raining lightly as we walked
to the hotel. The hotel was just a block
off Wenceslas Square.
There is a Gentleman’s Club just across the street from the hotel. I didn’t set up any photos for this one. After checking in we set off for the
Sternberg Castle to find a painting that is on Sue’s of Old Master
Portraits. The Castle is up on Castle
Hill (Hradcany). It was a Metro and then
a tram ride to the top. We were
surprised to find a security check to get into the Castle grounds. It probably took us 15 minutes to get
through. The museum we wanted tucked
away from the Castle Square, which may be one reason that there was almost
nobody there. The museum has quite a
collection of Dutch paintings, so of course I had to take photos of almost all
of them. After that we decided against
walking back down the hill. We had done
it on our first visit, and it is fun as the walk is lined with souvenir stores
and places to eat. But we are wearing
down so we took the tram and metro back down.
We went to the Old Town Square to see the Astrological Clock. The building is covered in scaffolding and
netting, but the clock is still visible.
There was still a large crowd to see the clock strike six or seven. We were off to the side so I didn’t take any
photos. There are several figures around
the dial that move, it is a little underwhelming. But it is a must see in Praha. I can’t remember where we went or what we had
for dinner. Sue probably can, but by
this time I’m sure nobody really cares.
That was it for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment