Friday, July 25, 2014


 
 
I haven’t posted because I’ve been busy arranging special visits to museums and then buying (or trying to buy) train tickets for the UK and Italy.  And I’m lazy.  If you order tickets far enough in advance they are pretty cheap.  But not every web site works perfectly.  Because starting now the vacation is over!  The quest for paintings begins in earnest!  Sue will be on bloody stumps before this campaign is over.  On Thursday we took the train from Amsterdam to Brussels and from there to London via the Channel Tunnel.  The Brits don’t like to call it the Chunnel.  We dropped our luggage at the hotel and then went to the National Gallery.  We saw #376, “Cavalry Making a Sortie from a Fort on a Hill” by Philips Wouwermans.  It is pretty neat painting, the details are amazing.  The National Gallery is amazing.  We have now seen all 59 paintings at the National Gallery that are on the 1001 list.  We have a few more lists to go through at the National Gallery.  We checked out the apartment and the neighborhood looks okay.  We will check into the apartment tomorrow afternoon.  I didn’t even take any photos today, maybe I’ll start tomorrow.  Friday update, the internet connection at our hotel was “unstable” so I couldn’t post on Thursday.  We went out for a little siteseeing and we took photos today.  I’ll post those after we recover from relocating from the hotel to our apartment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment