It rained on and off all day
yesterday, so except to walk Judy to Centraal Station in the morning we didn’t
go out. Just a lot of computer work
checking train times, fares, etc. We did
stay up to watch the Germans blow out Brazil.
It was amazing to watch the first 2 goals, but after the 3rd
goal the game was over. But we watched
the rest anyway as there wasn’t anything else on TV worth watching. Just like at home. Well today is even worse than yesterday! The sound of the howling wind woke us up
early, but we stayed in bed, because it is cold and wet. The temperature is in the 50s, it is a good
thing Sue packed for our trip into December.
But we are going to go out today just to get out. We do need food, and BEER, but we will also
go to the Stedelijk Museum. And maybe to
Centraal Station to find out about the new ticketing procedures that start
today. It sounds just a bit confusing. Maybe I’ll even take some photos today of wet
Amsterdam. I’m also thinking that many
of the World Cup banners and balloons (displaying lots of balloons is big in
Amsterdam) have not fared well in the high wind. I just knew how disappointed all the thousands of followers of this blog must be without any photos, so I've added a photo Sue took of "our" cat, Frau Doenitz.
No comments:
Post a Comment