Thursday, July 3, 2014


We went to the Van Gogh Museum today, and lucky for you and me, they don’t allow photography.  Having a compulsion can be a burden.  On the tram ride I did take the photo of Chihuahua in a ladies shopping bag.  The dog has obviously done this before.  We then went to another local brewery, the Brouwerij De Prael.  All the beers are named for Dutch singers that we have never heard of, but the beer was good.  Sue had an IPA and I had a blond beer; I know you wanted to know.  Then it was off to a pizza place that Jim and Nanny recommended, Il Sogno.  On our way we passed by the “Old Sailor” saloon in the Red Light District.  Short story (and as anyone who has met me knows, I can’t tell a short story); on our last visit we met a very interesting character who frequents the Old Sailor, but we didn’t see him as we passed by.  Maybe next time.  Il Siono is a very small restaurant and gift store.  We had the veal and tuna sauce pizza with capers and arugula.  It was on a wafer thin crust with mozzarella, and it came to us right out of the oven.  It was delicious!  The store cat showed up to check us out and you can see that I got a great photo of the wrong end of the cat.  It wouldn’t stop moving long enough for a decent photo.  We then headed home for more rest.  We have gotten into the cycle of staying up past midnight and sleeping late, but apparently not late enough.  We need to settle down and rest by watching some good and bad TV.  Maybe that is why we stay up so late, but who cares?  I know you don’t.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment