Wednesday, July 9, 2014


We went to the Stedelijk Museum and I took way too many photos, just because.  This is the Modern and Contemporary Art Museum.  There is only one painting on the 1001 list at this museum, and it hasn’t been on display when we’ve been here.  But we caught a break, the painting is on loan for a special exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art in London.  And it will be on display when we are there.  The bad news is that the Academy is not a free museum.  Oh well, it’s a price we’ll just have to pay.  I took so many photos because many of the Modern and Contemporary paintings on the 1001 list are in private collections or the paintings are seldom displayed at the museums that have them.  So I take photos of paintings by artists that are on the list, and we count some of the similar paintings in place of those in private collections.  And who cares besides me?  Getting ready to watch the World Cup.  We really hope the Dutch win tonight because it will be fun to see how crazy the city gets.


No comments:

Post a Comment