On our last night in Amsterdam we had reservations at a restaurant that our friends Jim and Nanny highly recommended, Johannes. The chef is a young guy, age 25. He offers a regular menu, but I think most folks go there for the 4,5 or 6 course surprise meals. The service is impeccable. They immediately ask for any allergies or food dislikes. Ray and I had both food allergies and food dislikes, so each of our 5 courses were especially made for us. They of course have wine pairings to go with each course, but we are beer drinkers, and didn't deviate.
The cuisine is French with Dutch influence and they of course use fresh local products.
Besides the 5 courses, they served 2 amuse bouches and 2 drink snacks. The entire meal lasted over 3 hours.
The restaurant is small and in the summer has outdoor seating. It was a beautiful night and we were lucky enough to get an outdoor seat. As we enjoyed the night we watched many couples turned away.
We weren't the only goofs taking pictures of our food. I took pictures of each amuse bouche and each course. I added a description. Bon Appetite!!
July 23, 2014 Johannes Restaurant
No comments:
Post a Comment