Judy went out to get her train
tickets for tomorrow and then she is going back to the Rijksmuseum. So Sue and I set out to find two more of the Anonymous
Sculptures that have been located around Amsterdam. The first one, “Running Man with Violin Case”
was easy to find. It wasn’t far from a
tram stop. The second sculpture, “Harmonica
Man” should have been easy to find if I had zoomed in on the Google map. But I didn’t, so I didn’t see that the street
I wanted didn’t extend through to the main street that the first sculpture was
on. But we eventually found it. It should be called “Concertina Man”. But once again nobody asked me. There are many old and new buildings that
have figures, crests, symbols, etc. mounted in the front of the buildings. So I don’t know what makes this one special,
but hey we saw it, and that is what counts.
There was a bonus for our longer trek, we came across the Westerstraat
Monday Market and Sue got an Orange blazer for only €5!!! How lucky can we get? Then on the walk home we passed a realtor’s office
and we saw some cool apartments for sale.
One was right on the street we were on.
This has got us thinking, which is always risky. The idea would be to buy a place to rent
short term for vacation rentals, and then use it a few times for
ourselves. We can always dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment