Our mission today was to find the London Pier. We have friends arriving on Saturday and we
are planning to go to Greenwich on Monday.
We thought it would be nice to go by a river taxi. We have been to Greenwich a few times. It is a lovely day out of the city. Hope Bill and Mary agree.
After we found the pier we walked to Tower Bridge which was
near by. Ray has some nice pictures. Chicago has great architecture, but so does
London. They love the very modern glass
buildings in various shapes.
Took our favorite means of transportation, a bus, to the
British Museum. Had lunch across the
street beforehand to give us the energy we needed for the massive museum. Ray and I split up sometimes when we go to
museums, cause he reads everything and I mainly roam around and stop when
something catches my eye. I went to see
the Rosetta Stone and Elgin Marbles.
Those things are so impressive.
Spent a little time in the Egyptian exhibit also before I
tanked. Luckily the museum is a short
bus ride from our apartment and since it is FREE, we can go anytime.
The weather has been wonderful. Sunny and warm. Hope it stays that way. Like Amsterdam, it stays light until 10PMish,
so we may go out for a walk after Ray finishes watching his WWI TV show.
No comments:
Post a Comment