Monday, April 2, 2018


Monday April 2, 2018      posting of the stay in Reims March 23, 2018

We stayed at a very nice hotel in the heart of Reims.  We visited the Musée des Beaux-Arts to see a 1001 painting, “Venus at Vulcan's Forge” by the Le Nain Brothers.  Then we visited the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Reims.  Then because we are in the heart of the Champagne region we took a tour at Taittinger’s.  We learned way too much about making champagne.  Taking these tours in town, and out at the vineyards is a big deal for many people.  We had a great dinner, the French are serious about their food.  We even had the French version of a brownie sundae, and it was very good.

Once again I have posted too many photos, many of them very bad, but it is what I do.  I would have gone into the Basilica of St. Remi to take more photos, but there was a funeral, and even I couldn’t be that rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment