Wednesday April 4, 2018 posting
of drive Reims to Luxembourg City March 24, 2018
This is the last day of touring WW I sites. We started out stopping at the place where
King Louis XVI was captured by the French Revolutionaries in June 1791. He and Marie Antoinette were taken back to
Paris where they would eventually go to the guillotine. We had to visit this place.
I used the photo from 2014 of the poppies at the Tower of
London as the blog photo. It represent the more than 888,000 Commonwealth Soldiers killed in WW
I as the blog photo, and gives a better idea of the slaughter in this war. There wasn’t a spot
to get a good photo of the Verdon Memorial.
We stayed in Luxembourg because we had never been there
before. This is it for the posting
today. We have to figure out the bus
from our Nice hotel to the Matisse Museum (1 1001), and then how to get out of
Nice and on to Montpellier (2 1001).
This isn’t all fun and games.
No comments:
Post a Comment