Monday April 16, 2018 posting
April 2 Chamonix-Albertville-Grenoble-Valence (1 of 2 posts today)
We had several goals today. First was finding the Olympic Cauldron in
Albertville, the site of the 1992 Winter Olympics. Albertville is about an hour and a half from
Chamonix. I had the approximate location
of the Olympic Cauldron, but only approximate.
It was pretty easy to find the park where some of the ceremonies took
place, but it took some walking to find the cauldron. You can see from the photos it was barely worth
the effort.
Our next goal was Grenoble, it has the 1968 Olympic Cauldron
AND La Tour painting. This was a 2 ½ hour drive, but the scenery
was still pretty nice. We went to the
museum first, and museums in France are free on the first Sunday of the month,
and so was the parking. We saw the La
Tour painting, and I took photos of most of the paintings by artists that were
on our list, or that we like.
I was able to see the Olympic Cauldron using Google Maps, so
it was easy to find. I parked the car,
jumped out and voila I had too many photos.
Then we continued on to stay in the city of Valence.
No comments:
Post a Comment