Wednesday, April 25, 2018


Wednesday April 25, 2018            posting April 11 &12        Zaragoza to Montserrat (post 1 0f 2)

I screwed up on the availability of the 1001 painting in Zaragoza, in short it wasn’t on display.  The weather was cold and wet, but we had a great dinner at a large tapas food court.  I could get into tapas eating.  We stayed the night, and the next morning we were off to Montserrat to see a Caravaggio and a 1001 painting.

The scenery at Montserrat is spectacular.  It is necessary to take a rack rail train up to the monastery, the ride takes about 20 minutes.   I hope the photos give you a sense of what we saw.  Our paintings were on display.  Then it was off to see the Dali Museum in Figueres, Spain.  We don’t have any paintings there, but it was a must visit.  I think most people have some sense of Dali’s eccentric style, at least that was my view.  Think of a melting clock.   There were plenty of his typical works on display, but there were also works of a gifted artist.  That was an eye opener.  Tomorrow we make a quick stop in Andorra.  If you don’t know, it is one of those tiny countries that still exist in Europe.  It is located high up in the Pyrenees.  Then we will continue on to Carcassonne in France.  It will be long driving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment