Monday, April 23, 2018




Monday April 23, 2018   posting April 8 Pau to Bilbao (1 of 2)

Pau is on the edge of the Pyrenes so we had views of snowcapped mountains as we drove the 3 hours to Bilbao.  Our hotel had parking which made it convenient.  After checking in we set off for the Guggenheim Museum.  It doesn’t have any paintings on our lists, but we wanted to see the Frank Gehary designed building.  He is the same guy who designed the Pritzker Band Shell in Grant Park in Chicago.  The building and some of the artwork is something to see.  The museum does not allow photographs, I learned this after taking a few, but I did take photos outside.  They have works by many of the usual suspects.

We were then off to the Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao that has two 1001 paintings on display.  Be warned this museum allowed photographs.  We found our paintings, and many others.  We got a little lost on our walk back to the hotel, but eventually made it.   The bar at the hotel had various plates of food on display, not quite tappas, but close.  We ended up eating dinner there.

I’ve given up for the moment.  I’m just going to post the photos without too many comments, otherwise I won’t get caught up until a month after we are home.  I will eventually try to comment, but even now I’ve forgotten what we did two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment